The royal couple has postponed their honeymoon and will spend just two days at a private residence in Britain, thought to be Balmoral, before William returns to work.
When the whole world speculated a dream destination for newlyweds William and Kate to enjoy their honeymoon, the royal couple surprised all by announcing that they want to put it off for a while.
In an unexpected move, Clarence House said Wills would be back at work at his RAF Search and Rescue base in Anglesey, North Wales, on Tuesday.
The decision was revealed just after midday yesterday – 30 minutes after the couple had been flown out of Buckingham Palace by helicopter. They headed west out of London to Windsor Castle, where they spent last night.
A Clarence House spokesman said: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen not to depart for a honeymoon immediately. Instead, after spending the weekend privately in the United Kingdom, the Duke will return to work as a Search and Rescue pilot next week.
“The locations of both their private weekend and their future honeymoon, which will be overseas, will not be disclosed in advance. The couple have asked that their privacy be respected during the coming weekend and during their honeymoon”, said the spokesman.